Welcome to the Chapter Education Committee web page. We strive to provide educational seminars that will educate, enform and provide content that can be applied everyday. We plan on having a busy calander year in 2013.
Please use the Events Tab
to see event schedules for the Chapter and the Branches.
We always encourage feedback. If you have a topic you think is current and will benefit professionals in our industry, please let us know by contacting us here
or calling me at 815 744.4200.Getting Involved
If you would like to become a member of the education committee, please send requests by e-mail to email@example.com
. Please include your name, company you work for, brief work bio and projects you have worked on and a contact phone number.
If you are not an APWA member and would like to join our e-mail list, please follow this link:Subscribe to our e-mail list
Education Committee Co-Chair
|Purpose & Mission Statement:
To identify, promote, sponsor, and coordinate education and training opportunities of interest to APWA Chicago Chapter Members and the Public Works profession.
- Committee Chair appointed by the Chapter President
- Committee Chair shall appoint additional members as needed from the Chapter general membership
- Branch Education Chairs are automatically members of the committee
- Maintain APWA education calendar
- Develop speakers and program for any Chapter sponsored seminars or workshops
- Explore partnering opportunities with other local public works related organizations such as IL-AWWA, IWEA, URISA, CECI, ASCE, ASSE, etc
- Assist National APWA organization with selection of dates and venues for national seminars or workshops to be held in Chicago area
- Help publicize any National, Chapter, or Branch APWA educational events
- Provide at least one liaison to the Illinois Public Service Institute Steering Committee
- Provide coordination or support, if required, to branches that wish to hold their own educational events, a list of prospective speakers for luncheons, seminars, or other events
- Serve on National education related committees when possible
- Oversee activities of the Administrative Assistants
- Support Committee
- Provide information for publication on the Chapter
- website and in the Chapter newsletter