PUBLIC WORKS FOREMAN - WATER ACTIVITY JOB IN ELK GROVE
Village of Elk Grove Village
Job Category :
Water and Sewers
Job Type :
Salary and Benefits :
$74,214 – $100,331
The Public Works Foreman provides overall direction, technical support and planning for the daily operation of public works activities to ensure the Village's infrastructure is maintained in a safe, effective and productive manner. This position oversees the maintenance, inspection, testing and repair of Village infrastructure, and coordinates with vendors, suppliers, manufacturers and contractors.
The Public Works Foreman's general responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Planning, coordinating and directing the maintenance operations for public works activities.
• Directing and participating in assigned activities, as well as developing work schedules, establishing performance goals, and monitoring work tasks.
• Training employees through demonstration of proper equipment use, providing technical advice, establishing safety protocols and monitoring performance.
• Investigating and responding to community service requests and monitor work tasks to ensure operations are updated to meet current regulations, procedures and technologies.
• Developing and coordinating the preparation of contract specifications for service contracts and for the procurement of materials and specialty equipment.
• Interacting in a positive manner with fellow employees, subordinates, residents and businesses, and demonstrate the highest standards of internal and external customer service.
• Utilizing the latest technology to implement creative procedures to track work assignments, respond to customer service requests and provide timely information to the community.
• Performing administrative duties including but not limited to preparation of the annual budget for the activity, regulatory compliance documentation, and service agreement oversight.
• Ability to respond to off-hour emergencies 24 hours a day/seven days a week and work overtime.
• Division assignments for Foreman are subject to rotation and may vary based on organizational need and technical expertise of selected candidates.
Water Activity responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Routine and preventative maintenance operations including hydrant flushing, hydrant rebuilding, and valve exercising.
• Routine and emergency repair and/or replacement of components of a water distribution system including mains, valves, hydrants, service connections and taps.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Graduate or GED. Minimum of five (5) years experience in the maintenance and repair of Public Works activities including supervisory experience. Associate Degree or vocational training in public administration, construction management, or related education and certifications, desirable. Valid Illinois Driver's License and a safe driving record required. Position requires a Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with tanker and air brake endorsements, or able to obtain license within one (1) year of employment. Water Operator’s License or the ability to acquire within a one (1) year period is preferred.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required.
SALARY RANGE: $74,214 – $100,331
OPENING DATE: March 12, 2018
CLOSING DATE: April 9, 2018
To Apply: complete the online employment application at www.elkgrove.org. Please attach your resume, cover letter, and references, as indicated. All other inquiries should be directed to the Office of Human Resources: E-mail: email@example.com Tel: 847-357-4020.